Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Dogs to the Vet

Today was as hot as it has been all summer. I wanted to stay in the air conditioning and be in front of the fan but dogs had to go to the vet for their spay, neuter and a bath. We have puppy in one of our foster homes that became ill and she was taken into the vet today with a blockage. Poor baby she is so swollen..and she can't poop. They gave her a enema and mineral oil. If that doesn't work she will have surgery tomorrow to remove the blockage. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for her, she is so tiny.

Meadow was spayed, Bodi was neutered and Ilsa got her bi weekly bath.That is her above. She is still not full grown.  The vet tech's said they had to muzzle Ilsa.  I was shocked..I said "my Ilsa"...and they all shook their heads yet...rut row...She got Justin on the hand...scratched him, not a bite. I have never seen that side of Ilsa. When I got there she was fine and let Lori brush her but Lori said she wouldn't let her earlier. Guess I need to take her out more and get her used to other people.
Meadow ,isn't she beautiful.
It has finally cooled off in the house tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be as bad as today if not worse. I am staying in if possible. Me and heat don't get along. My dogs are not fond of it either unless they are in the wading pool.

Bodi is a real sweet character.

No comments:

Post a Comment