Monday, August 16, 2010

15 Puppies and 1 Adult Dog Flew North Yesterday

It was searing, buring heat yesterday. Not a good day to be outdoors. But Michael volunteered to fly all these pups and dog to Chicago..we couldn't let them stay here longer then necessary. They stayed inside the airport till we loaded them and then Michael and Delane flew away. I saw Tara looking at me out the window and cried. She didn't understand why she was leaving me but I knew she was going to a place that would find her a forever home all her own. It hurts when they first leave. They get so attached to their foster homes. They don't want to leave, they think they have already found their forever home.

Little do they know that they will one day be in a even better home. A home where they get ALL the attention and it isn't shared with so many others. I know that and it makes me able to cope with letting them go. Someone rode with me one day to take dogs to transport going up north. One of the dogs was a real favorite of mine and I hated to say good bye. My friend turned to me and asked" how I could let them go." I told her I couldn't afford to feed  hundreds of dogs that was how. (She agreed.)

So on every transport..as hard as it is to say good bye I always drive off thinking there is room now for more . Room for the ones still left in animal control or on the streets that need us.
Yesterday when the plane was leaving, Leah our newest foster turned to me and said well when Scooter leaves next week I have room for two more. NOW THAT IS WHAT A FOSTER IS ALL ABOUT. 
I thank my fosters for all they do and they do so much. Running dogs to the vet. Cleaning, doctoring, cleaning some more. It never ends and they never complain. Not once have they refused to take in a dog and I so appreciate them. IF not for them this wouldn't happen. No dogs would fly out, or leave on ground transport.
I love all of you and thank you for your patience with me , your dedication to your work. I thank the pilots for volunteering to fly our dogs to their new beginning.
Most of all I thank all of you for your support of our small rural rescue.
Enjoy the pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment