Monday, August 30, 2010

It Was A Busy Week.

What a week. Running dogs to the vet and back. Picking them up from Animal Control and so many phone calls from desperate folks wanting me to take their dog or dogS. This is so sad, people are calling me to take 7 dogs at a time because "they have too many". Of course none are altered. I want to say "well duh, yes they keep breeding and multiplying if they aren't fixed" and now that they have so many they want me to take them off their hands.
When I tell them how many dogs I have in my house, they're shocked. I am amazed they think I will just take all their unwanted, unvetted, unaltered dogs. None of them are ever on heartworm preventative.
What is it with people who let dogs breed, won't keep them fenced in, won't even get them their shots and then expect someone else to take their problems.

I do when I can. But I try to leave room here for people who truly have a need to rehome their pets for whatever reason. Some go into nursing homes, or someone dies and the family won't take their loved ones pet in. Never understand that but I try to take those. If our Animal shelters are full and I have  space I will help out the others too but for now the shelters here are so full. It is all I can do to keep those dogs from being put down. I have to pull dogs even if I don't have room to make room in the shelter so none have to die. That is what it is so important to place the dogs I have to make room to save more. How many times can we say"SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS". Here are some puppies I am taking including the momma dog. Did you know we never leave the momma behind. They MUST relinquish the momma dog or she MUST be spayed if she stays. I will never take a litter and leave poor momma dog to breed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment